On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 4:28 PM, Don <d...@blacksun.org> wrote:
> With that in mind- Is anyone using the new OCZ Vertex 2 SSD's as a ZIL?

The current Sandforce drives out don't have an ultra-capacitor on
them, so they could lose data if the system crashed. There are
supposed to be enterprise class drives based on the chipset out that
do have an ultra-cap released "any day now".

> Needless to say I'd love to know if anyone has evaluated these drives to see
> if they make sense as a ZIL- for example- do they honor cache flush requests?
> Are those sustained IOPS numbers?

I don't think they do, the chipset was designed to use an ultra-cap to
avoid having to honor flushes. Then again, the X25-E has the same
problem.

-B

--
Brandon High : bh...@freaks.com