On 05/20/10 12:26, Miles Nordin wrote:
I don't know, though, what to do about these reports of devices that
almost respect cache flushes but seem to lose exactly one transaction.
AFAICT this should be a works/doesntwork situation, not a continuum.

But there's so much brokenness out there. I've seen similar "tail drop" behavior before -- last write or two before a hardware reset goes into the bit bucket, but ones before that are durable.

So, IMHO, a cheap consumer ssd used as a zil may still be worth it (for some use cases) to narrow the window of data loss from ~30 seconds to a sub-second value.

                                        - Bill