On Tue, 15 Jun 2010, Joerg Schilling wrote:

Sorry but your reply is completely misleading as the people who claim that
there is a legal problem with having ZFS in the Linux kernel would of course
also claim that Reiserfs cannot be in the FreeBSD kernel.

It seems that it is a license violation to link a computer containing GPLed code to the Internet. I think I heard on usenet or a blog that it was illegal to link GPLed code with non-GPLed code. The Internet itself is obviously a derived work and is therefore subject to the GPL.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn