Erik Trimble <erik.trim...@oracle.com> wrote:

> I don't want to restart something here on this list - I just wanted to
> make sure that the original developers understood that there are very
> possibly issues using CDDL code in conjunction with GPL'd code.  If they
> are indeed using OpenSolaris ZFS code, then they at very minimum should
> consult an IP lawyer to get the OK.

I had no problem with _this_ statement if you would change it to:

        I just wanted to make sure that the original developers understood
        that in order to find out whether there may be possibly issues using
        CDDL code in conjunction with GPL'd code, they should consult a
        lawyer that is specialized on Copyright law.

If you continue send posts that claim that there most likely is an issue,
you should be prepared to get corected by me.

Jörg

--
 EMail:jo...@schily.isdn.cs.tu-berlin.de (home) Jörg Schilling D-13353 Berlin
       j...@cs.tu-berlin.de                (uni)