Victor,

The 'zpool import -f -F tank' failed at some point last night. The box was
completely hung this morning; no core dump, no ability to SSH into the box to
diagnose the problem. I had no choice but to reset, as I had no diagnostic
ability. I don't know if there would be anything in the logs?

Earlier I ran 'zdb -e -bcsvL tank' in write mode for 36 hours and gave up to
try something different. Now the zpool import has hung the box.

Should I try zdb again? Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Andrew