> Just a short question - wouldn't it be easier, and perhaps faster, to just
> have the MySQL DB on an NFS share? iSCSI adds
>complexity, both on the target and the initiator.

Yes, we did tried both and we didn't notice any difference in term of
performances. I've read conflicting opinions on which is best and the majority
seems to say that iSCSI is better for databases, but I don't have any strong
preference myself... Have you tried monitoring the I/O with vmstat or
sar/sysstat? That should show the I/O speed as seen from Linux, and should be
more relevant than the "real" I/O speed to/from the drives.

Vennlige hilsener / Best regards

roy
--
Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk