>Just a short question - wouldn't it be easier, and perhaps faster, to just
>have the MySQL DB on an NFS share? iSCSI adds
>complexity, both on the target and the initiator.

Yes, we did tried both and we didn't notice any difference in term of
performances.  I've read conflicting opinions on which is best and the majority
seems to say that iSCSI is better for databases, but I don't have any strong
preference myself...

>Also, are you using jumbo frames? That can usually help a bit with either
>access protocol

Yes.  It was off early on and we did notice a significant difference once we
switched it on.  Turning "naggle" off as suggested by Richard also seem to have
a make a little difference.  Thanks