Ok guys, can we please kill this thread about commodity versus enterprise
hardware?

Let's agree on one thing:  Some people believe commodity hardware is just as
good as enterprise systems.  Other people do not believe that.  In both
situations, the conclusion has been reached based on personal experience.  (I
am one of the latter, and I have specific stories if anybody's interested
off-list.)

Even if one of them isn't as reliable as the other, it can still be acceptable
in farms, where some number of failed systems is acceptable.