> From: zfs-discuss-boun...@opensolaris.org [mailto:zfs-discuss-
> boun...@opensolaris.org] On Behalf Of Geoff Nordli
> >
> >I have an R710...  Not quite the same, but similar.
> >
> Thanks Edward.
>
> What did you end up using for the L2ARC?   The SSDs shown in the online
> configurator are SLC based.
>
> Did you use the Broadcom or the optional Intel NIC?

We opted not to use L2ARC in the dell server.  Because the Sun server is our
primary server, and the Dell is only for backup.  That being said, for most
purposes I would usually recommend investing in a log device before a cache
device, and that's what we're using on the Sun server.  But we did some
performance benchmarks on the Dell including the SSD before putting it into
production.

Do you have something against SLC?

We got the broadcom based nic.  I think it was the default.  No thought was
put into this decision - If the intel nic has some advantage to offer, you
might consider it.  In my experience, as long as a nic works, there's very
little difference from one to the next.