Cost of SLC is considerably more than an MLC version, which I don't think is
justified for an L2ARC.

This server is going to be used to host VMs via iSCSI in a lab/test system.

We are going to use dedup with the table stored on SSD.

The strategy I am looking at is using slower 7200 RPM disks to hold rarely
used data, and then get the "working" set running from SSDs.

>We got the broadcom based nic.  I think it was the default.  No thought was
put
>into this decision - If the intel nic has some advantage to offer, you
might
>consider it.  In my experience, as long as a nic works, there's very little
difference
>from one to the next.

Thanks for the feedback.

Geoff