Budy, if you are using raid-5 or raid-6 underneath ZFS, then you should know
that raid-5/6 might corrupt data. See here for lots of technical articles why
raid-5 is bad:
http://www.baarf.com/
raid-6 is not better. I can show you links about raid-6 being not safe.

I is a good thing you run ZFS, because ZFS can detect those errors, whereas
raid-5/6 can not. There are lots of research from computer scientists that show
this. You want to see some research papers on data corruption and hardware raid?

On the other hand, ZFS is safe. There are research papers showing that ZFS
detects and corrects all errors. You want to see them?

The bottom line is: ZFS should manage the discs directly. Do not let hardware
raid (which can not detect all errors) run the discs. ZFS can detect and repair
those errors. That is the reason to use ZFS, for data safety. Not for
performance (that is secondary).

You do have problems with your discs, only ZFS detects those errors. Your
hardware raid did not detect those errors. ZFS can not repair the errors,
unless ZFS runs the discs.