On Wed, 17 Nov 2010, Peter Tribble wrote:

Solaris 11 Express may be "production ready" but is Oracle Premier Support
prepared to support it in production?

Right there on the first page for S11 express on Oracle's web site it says
"fully tested and supported", and it's reasonably clear that the way to
get support is via the existing Premier Support offering. And it's just the
same deal as with S10 - you want to use it in production, you need to
have a support contract. It's not hard to find this out, just a few seconds
to look at the website.

I don't think that looking at a web site can illustrate to me that Oracle Premier Support is prepared to support the product in production. The web site only illustrates current intent, not ability. There is indeed a difference. This is the company which is not even prepared to send me a receipt/certificate for my support contract and is in process of transitioning to a radically new support web infrastructure (based on the Adobe Flash browser plugin) and database. So I will wait a quarter or so before trusting that the support function really works. At the moment I distrust my ability to obtain support for even Solaris 10 issues.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn