hmmm  <br>
http://www.solarisinternals.com/wiki/index.php/ZFS_Evil_Tuning_Guide <br> <br>
Disabling the ZIL (Don't)  <br>
Caution: Disabling the ZIL on an NFS server can lead to client side corruption.
The ZFS pool integrity itself is not compromised by this tuning.  <br><br>
so especially with nfs i won`t disable it.<br><br>
its better to add ssd read/write caches or use ssd-only pools. we use spindels
for backups or test-server. out main vms are all on ssd-pools (striped raid1
build of 120 GB sandforce based mlc drives, about 190 euro each) <br><br>
we do not use slc, i suppose mlc are good enough for the next three (the
warranty-time). we will change them after this.

about integrated storage in vmware:
 i have some infos on my homepage about our solution <br>
http://www.napp-it.org/napp-it/all-in-one/index_en.html  <br>

gea