"Your system drive on a Solaris system generally doesn't see enough I/O
activity to require the kind of IOPS you can get out of most modern SSD's. "

My system drive sees a lot of activity, to the degree everything is going slow.
I have a SunRay that my girlfriend use, and I have 5-10 torrents going on, and
surf the web - often my system crawls. Very often my girlfriend gets irritated
because everything lags and she frequently asks me if she can do some task, or
if she should wait until I have finished copying my files. Unbearable.

I have a quad core Intel 9450 at 2.66GHz, and 8GB RAM.

I am planning to use a SSD and really hope it will be faster.

$ iostat -xcnXCTdz 1

cpu
us sy wt id
 25  7  0 68
                    extended device statistics
    r/s    w/s   kr/s   kw/s wait actv wsvc_t asvc_t  %w  %b device
    0,0    0,0    0,0    0,0  0,0  0,0    0,0    0,0   0   0 c8
    0,0    0,0    0,0    0,0  0,0  0,0    0,0    0,0   0   0 c8t0d0
   37,0  442,1 4489,6 51326,1  7,5  2,0   15,7    4,1  98 100 c7d0