On Wed, 5 Jan 2011, Edward Ned Harvey wrote:
with regards to ZFS and all the other projects relevant to solaris.)

I know in the case of SGE/OGE, it's officially closed source now.  As of Dec
31st, sunsource is being decomissioned, and the announcement of officially
closing the SGE source and decomissioning the open source community went out
on Dec 24th.  So all of this leads me to believe, with very little
reservation, that the new developments beyond zpool 28 are closed source
moving forward.  There's very little breathing room remaining for hope of
that being open sourced again.

I have no idea what you are talking about. Best I can tell, SGE/OGE is a reference to Sun Grid Engine, which has nothing to do with zfs. The only annoucement and discussion I can find via Google is written by you. It was pretty clear even a year ago that Sun Grid Engine was going away.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn