On Thu, May 5, 2011 at 11:17 AM, Giovanni Tirloni <gtirl...@sysdroid.com> wrote:
> What I find it curious is that it only happens with incrementals. Full
> send's go as fast as possible (monitored with mbuffer). I was just wondering
> if other people have seen it, if there is a bug (b111 is quite old), etc.

I missed that you were using b111 earlier. That's probably a large
part of the problem. There were a lot of performance and reliability
improvements between b111 and b134, and there have been more between
b134 and b148 (OI) or b151 (S11 Express).

Updating the host you're receiving on to something more recent may fix
the performance problem you're seeing.

Fragmentation shouldn't be to great of an issue if the pool you're
writing to is relatively empty. There were changes made to zpool
metaslab allocation post-b111 that might improve performance for pools
between 70% and 96% full. This could also be why the full sends
perform better than incremental sends.

-B

--
Brandon High : bh...@freaks.com