On Mon, Aug 01, 2011 at 11:22:36AM +1000, Daniel Carosone wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 05:58:49PM +0200, Hans Rosenfeld wrote:
>
> > I'm working on a patch for grub that fixes the ashift=12 issue.
>
> Oh, great - and from the looks of the patch, for other values of 12 as
> well :)
>
> > I'm probably not going to fix the div-by-zero reboot.
>
> Fair enough, if it's an existing unrelated error we no longer
> expose. Perhaps it's even fixed/irrelevant for grub2, can this be
> checked easily?

FWIW, this seems to be a live issue with the zfs-on-linux folks too,
perhaps some coordination would be helpful?

See, e.g.:
http://groups.google.com/a/zfsonlinux.org/group/zfs-discuss/browse_thread/thread/0c80103a8d5c0bb0#

> > If you want to try it, the patch can be found at
> > http://cr.illumos.org/view/6qc99xkh/illumos-1303-webrev/illumos-1303-webrev.patch
>
> Any chance of providing an alternate stage1/stage2 binary I can feed
> to installgrub?  When you're ready..

To be clear, the system I was working on the other day is now running
with a normal ashift=9 pool, on a mirror of WD 2TB EARX.  Not quite
what I was hoping for, but hopefully it will be OK; I won't have much
chance to mess with it again for a little while.  I will be building
something else useful for testing this, sometime in the next couple of
weeks.

--
Dan.