On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 07:10:21PM -0400, Daniel Carosone wrote:
> Yep, saw that and have it here ready to boot and install grub.  I hope
> the fact that the pool itself is v31 for zfs crypto will not be a
> problem..

I doubt that works. IIRC the highest supported zpool and zfs versions
are hardcoded in the grub zfs code, probably to make sure that no
garbage is read.

> If it should be the case that the pool version is an issue running
> from the OI CD, can I take the updated stage* files and use them with
> the installgrub from solaris express b151?

Would make no difference. You could try to get the grub source code
from S11X and patch and rebuild it manually.

Hans

--
%SYSTEM-F-ANARCHISM, The operating system has been overthrown