We all feel the same joy, John. It might be hard to believe, but the wonder of
the resurrection and the atonement, and the word of God through his scriptures
are just as meaningful to some of us whose views you might look askance at. Let's
just say it takes more than one voice to make a choir, so long as there's the
same underlying melody.

"John W. Redelfs" wrote:

> After much pondering, Dan R Allen favored us with:
> >I'm saying that it should not be absolutely _necessary_ for God to have
> >parted the Red Sea, a'la Charlton Heston, to have a testimony that He
> >guided the Israelites across it. The fact that He helped them cross the Red
> >Sea is literal, but the exact means described may or may not be symbolic,
> >and shouldn't be the basis for a testimony of His power. Could He have done
> >it? Without a doubt. Was it absolutely necessary for Him to prove His power
> >to the Israelites in that specific way? Perhaps for them, but not for me.
>
> How do you apply this reasoning to Jesus calling Lazarus forth from his
> tomb, or raising the daughter of Jairus?  Maybe these two were not really
> dead, but by the power of God they recovered while if it hadn't been for
> the blessing they would have died?  Is that what you believe? I personally
> believe that God performs miracles just like the parting of the Red Sea in
> our own day.  I predict we will be able to see those miracles in profusion
> as this last dispensation draws to a close.  If an all out germ war ever
> occurs, there will be people dying everywhere of diseases for which there
> is no cure and which are 100 percent fatal.  In that day, the priesthood
> will have to perform healing blessing far more miraculous than are the norm
> in our own day.  Why?  Because in the economy of God's dealings with man,
> he is not accustomed to doing for man what man can do for himself with a
> little divine help.  After all, it was the Lord who inspired the current
> medical technology.  Why shouldn't he expect us to use it so far as we can?
>
> What about the inventions of nuclear fission bombs?  Can anyone deny that
> it was a technological leap forward of such an order as to seem like pure
> science fiction to all those who lived and died in the pre-atomic era?  How
> about the Internet?  These "miracles" are just as astounding as anything
> described in the Old Testament.  If deBakey had lived in Christ's time and
> performed a heart transplant on one side of the stage while Jesus commanded
> Lazarus to come forth on the other side, which of the two would be thought
> to have performed the more miraculous feat?
>
> I feel bad for people who are so "adult" that they no longer have the
> wonder and belief that they had when they were children.  I am a man who
> lives in a world of miracles past, present and future.  I believe all these
> things because I choose to.  It fills my heart with joy to believe them.
>
> John W. Redelfs                       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> "Atheistic humanism is the opiate of the self-described
> intellectuals" --Uncle Bob
> All my opinions are tentative pending further data. --JWR

Marc A. Schindler

“Man will occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of the time he will pick
himself up and continue on” – Winston Churchill