Another interesting reference to this question--

God is the author of law, not its creation or its servant. All light and
all law emanate from him (see D&C 88:13). Indeed, "all kingdoms have a
law given; and there are many kingdoms; for there is no space in the
which there is no kingdom; and there is no kingdom in which there is no
space, either a greater or a lesser kingdom. And unto every kingdom is
given a law; and unto every law there are certain bounds also and
conditions" (D&C 88:36-38). Of God the revelation states, "He
comprehendeth all things, and all things are before him, and all things
are round about him; and he is above all things, and in all things, and
is through all things, and is round about all things; and all things are
by him, and of him, even God, forever and ever" (D&C 88:41).

Joseph Smith asked, "Can we suppose that He [God] has a kingdom without
laws? Or do we believe that it is composed of an innumerable company of
beings who are entirely beyond all law? Consequently have need of
nothing to govern or regulate them? Would not such ideas be a reproach
to our Great Parent, and at variance with His glorious intelligence?
Would it not be asserting that man had found out a secret beyond Deity?
That he had learned that it was good to have laws, while God after
existing from eternity and having power to create man, had not found out
that it was proper to have laws for His government?" (Teachings of the
Prophet Joseph Smith, 55).

"God," Joseph Smith taught, "has made certain decrees which are fixed
and immovable; for instance, God set the sun, the moon, and the stars in
the heavens, and gave them their laws, conditions and bounds, which they
cannot pass, except by His commandments; they all move in perfect
harmony in their sphere and order, and are as lights, wonders and signs
unto us. The sea also has its bounds which it cannot pass. God has set
many signs on the earth, as well as in the heavens; for instance, the
oak of the forest, the fruit of the tree, the herb of the field, all
bear a sign that seed hath been planted there; for it is a decree of the
Lord that every tree, plant, and herb bearing seed should bring forth of
its kind, and cannot come forth after any other law or principle"
(Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, 197-98).

God is not a scientist. He does not harness law and then use it to bless
and govern his creations. God is the author and source of all law. Were
this not the case, the powers of evil could seek his overthrow through
the discovery of unknown laws. We would live in endless peril. Our
prayers would then be for God, not to him, and scientists rather than
prophets would hold the keys of salvation.

True it is that God was once a man obtaining his exalted status by
obedience to the laws of his own eternal Father, but upon obtaining that
station he becomes the source of light and law to all that he creates.
Following this same pattern, the resurrected Christ said to the
Nephites, "I am the law" (3 Ne. 15:9).

 (Joseph Fielding McConkie, Answers: Straightforward Answers to Tough
Gospel Questions [Salt Lake City: Deseret Book Co., 1998], 167.)

---
Mij Ebaboc