On Sat, 1 Jan 2005 21:17:12 -0000, Khazeh Fananapazir
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Khazeh:
> In one sense one should go beyond a discussion over Names. If you dear
> Gilberto wish to look at the Writings of Baha'u'llah as that emanating from
> a WALI then that is certainly a start.

Gilberto:
But then from a certain perspective we should point out that Islam has
plenty of awliya. In addition to the Quran and Sunnah and the writings
of philosophers there are volumes and volumes from the various awliya
and scholars of this ummah through the centuries. Abdul Qadir Jilani,
Ghazzali, Rumi, the other  founders of the various Sufi orders, etc.

> The important point is to commence as no day that passes can be repeated. In
> the Christian world someone like Hans Kung who accepts the prophethood of
> Muhammad as that of an Old Testament Prophet has at least started somewhere.

That's actually really interesting. I've heard of Hand Kung but I am
not really familiar with him. I guess he's a Catholic "heretic" of
sorts?

> We  must go beyond Names [asmaa'] to a large extent.
>

> Look at the Writings Look at the Pen of Baha'u'llah. Look at His
> incarceration the fact the He was prevented from beholding greenery and
> verdure for nine years. Look at the transforming influence of His Son on
> someone like Martha root or May Maxwell or Thomas Breakwell...

But even today, there are good Muslims who are put in prison and made
to go through worse suffering and worse humiliation than not seeing
gardens for a couple of years. Even today there are people whose lives
are being transformed.