Hi, Gilberto,

At 10:30 AM 1/10/2005, you wrote:
>>And I would suggest that Bahais don't seem to be very worried about all those
>>other figures they are implicitly saying "no" to.<<

In one sense, none of that matters. What God expects of His servants is to
recognize His Messenger in the age He appears.

Other claimants to a title may be inspired or have a particular spiritual
function to perform. God only knows.

As I said before, I accept that these individuals have whatever name or
position they claim in the context of their "structurization" or socially
constructed paradigm. It is not mine to judge whether God is using them for
some purpose.

Therefore, while I may not accept the messianic legitimacy of other religious
or spiritual leaders outside their respective narratives, I am really not
saying "no" to them. I am saying "yes" to the One I have recognized as God's
most recent Prophet.

Whether other people have a similar response to Baha'u'llah is, in my view, a
matter of personal investigation. Perhaps one of the important implications of
the Baha'i principle of non-proselytization, or the Islamic "no compulsion in
religion," is that no one can make this determination for anyone else.

With regards, Mark A. Foster • 15 Sites: http://markfoster.net
"Sacred cows make the tastiest hamburger" -- Abbie Hoffman