G:  I guess there might be a question of what kind of knowledge and what
kind of intellect is more important, And what kind of knowledge is
related to spirituality.

J:  I would say that religion is necessary for the advancement of material civilization, spiritual civilization, as well as the progress of the individual.

G:  I think the Quranic reference numbers is the wrong one but yes I've
read similar things in the Quran. But again, I'm not convinced that
the primary meaning is that countries with microwave ovens and cell
phones are supposed to be spiritually more advanced than the countries
which don't.

J:  Just because one is spiritual does not mean that one should through away the material.  If the material is a substitute for God (i.e. materialism), then if is wrong, I agree.

[Regarding China]

Gilberto: I actually wouldn't say that.

J: Muslims in Iran do say that.  Understood, you don't agree with them.

G:  I can accept you as an individual regardless of what you believe.

J:  Please pass these good words on to you Muslim brothers and sisters.

Do you Yahoo!?
Take Yahoo! Mail with you! Get it on your mobile phone. __________________________________________________ You are subscribed to Baha'i Studies as: mailto:archive@mail-archive.com To unsubscribe, send a blank email to mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] To subscribe, use subscribe bahai-st in the message body to [EMAIL PROTECTED] Baha'i Studies is available through the following: Mail - mailto:bahai-st@list.jccc.edu Web - http://list.jccc.edu/read/?forum=bahai-st News - news://list.jccc.edu/bahai-st Public - http://www.escribe.com/religion/bahaist Old Public - http://www.mail-archive.com/bahai-st@list.jccc.net New Public - http://www.mail-archive.com/bahai-st@list.jccc.edu