The Baha'i Studies Listserv
RE: Steven Greer: To state the obvious:The Internet is full of liars,
cheats, schemes, and cultists. A few people are even telling the truth
occasionally. ;-) Whether a person is an enrolled Baha'i or not
certainly is not (to me) even a main criterion of whether to believe
him/her, unless s/he happens to be referring to the Baha'i Faith as the
principal topic and provides in context references, and other such
criteria. The rest is just humans talking. If the consensus of the
scientific community doesn't believe a person re: some assertion about
the material world, then I tend to be very skeptical. That doesn't mean
it's automatically wrong, of course, but the burden of proof is on the
one making such assertions, and the reader/listener needs to understand
what proof means. I often recommend Skeptic Magazine or JREF as sources
that will actually follow up on claims and pursue the "evidence."

My own brief research on Greer indicates he is an osteopath
professionally and has no experience or training in the fields he makes
claims about, whether it is mind-control by aliens or secret military
operations or vast shadow government conspiracies. IMO, he sounds like
he has become either a con man or mentally disturbed in some manner. But
everyone may take it as they choose.

Jeanine H.