Le 30 Octobre 2003 00:05, Con Kolivas a écrit :

> > By the way, adding in the supermount patch for test8 to test9 seems to
> > work fine - in fact, I haven't had any troubles except for my usb scanner
> > not being detected at all.
>
> Chances are you're not loading the usb module correctly (some have changed
> names) or you're not mounting the new usbfs. Put this into your /etc/fstab
> :
>
> none /proc/bus/usb usbfs defaults 0 0

I tried and still my scanner wouldn't work. The weird thing is that it would
appear in the /proc/bus/usb/devices and in usbview.

On a wild guess (while checking commands that started with "usb" - thank god
for autocomplete!) I tried usbmodules --device /proc/bus/usb/003/004 (the
adress given in /proc/bus/usb/devices) and I got "scanner" as the output.
Checking "man usbmodules" helped me understand what the command did (yeah, I
know I'm not supposed to type in random commands as root). In a flash of
insight I tried "modprobe scanner" and it worked.

I am now happily testing out my homemade test9 kernel and so far, so good! The
only thing not working seems to be the framebuffer console (I'm in 25x80 text
mode now). In fact, I finally put "vga=ask" in the 2.6.0-test9 entry in
lilo.conf, and it didn't even ask me anything - it went straight to 25x80
text mode.

Oh well, that's a minor annoyance. I'll continue testing test9 for a while...
--
Élie Charest
[EMAIL PROTECTED]