On Tue, 2003-11-04 at 18:32, Olivier Blin wrote:
> Hum, try 2.6 :)
> It must have all the features you need, except bootsplash ;)

Yeah, I've been playing with the cooker version a lot, but alsa seems
sketchy.  It doesn't inert properly by default, and the mixer settings
seem to be screwed up.  Some other modules don't insert by default any
more.

But the latency seems to be very low, and desktop applications seem to
be noticeably snappier.

It would be nice to see a 2.6 kernel with:
- flawless alsa and other module auto-loading
- i686 build (I love my new P4; screw you overheating athlon!)
- some sort of init output (my screen is black until X starts)

Austin
--
                                 Austin Acton
        Synthetic Organic Chemist, Teaching Assistant, Ph.D. Candidate