On 5/10/06, Joe Germuska <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

This seems like the smallest of things, but the distribution includes
struts-core-1.3.4.jar and not struts-action-1.3.4.jar.

I thought we'd decided to change that?  The upgrade notes wiki page
refers to struts-action:
http://wiki.apache.org/struts/StrutsUpgradeNotes12to13

We decided to call the entire subproject "Struts Action" (rather than
Struts Core or Struts Classic).

That individual artifactId was changed back to struts-core during the
Maven reorganization.  I'm fairly sure I mentioned it on the list, but
I'm having trouble finding messages that talk about struts-core and
struts-action among all the commit messages in the archives.

In summary, struts-core.jar contains the core of the Action framework.
Eventually, I would like to have a 'struts-action.jar' that contains
the _entire_ framework, the equivalent of 'struts.jar' from the 1.2
branch, or the Spring framework's full 'spring.jar'.

Like Wendy, I've had 1.3 based code in production for months, so I'm
GA on the code -- as for whether the above is an important packaging
problem or just something that needs to be updated in docs, I'll
defer.

IMO we just need to fix the upgrade notes.

Can I count you as +1, or does this need further discussion?

Don, I think the Maven build is fine; the artifactId has been
struts-core for quite a while.  I'd say how long, but minotaur seems
to be down again so I can't check the svn log. :(

Thanks,
--
Wendy