> On Jun 15, 2016, at 12:51, Stephen Gallagher <sgall...@redhat.com> wrote:

> Traditionally, we've assumed a greater level of understanding for those who
> use
> CLI tools as opposed to GUI tools. It's expected that if someone is using DNF
> directly, it's because they know what they are doing (and what risks that
> carries). I'm not going to comment on whether that assumption is correct or
> not,

Let me then. The original poster said they stopped using the gui tool not
because of a different skill level but because they don't want to be forced
into a reboot now.

I do the same. A pop up interrupts me and I'm busy. I probably forget. Now my
system is sure to be out of date.

Services should be smart enough to restart if one of their dependant  libraries
updates as a security update. Don't we have a super competent new fancy init
system for these kind of things now?

Paul