I wish that more radio frequencies would have NVIS operation than they
do in our part of the world, but the FoF2 is often way below 10 MHz so
30 meters can not be used. At 0930 Local time, the FoF2 is only 2 MHz
across much of the U.S. so hams would only have 160 meters available. I
notice that there is a small patch in Alaska that is 1 MHz so you could
not use any of the HF or MF ham bands for NVIS right now. That is a
clear case for why VHF modes can be a great help.