I will be responding in support of the petition. I do not believe these
digital modes will be effective in a true national emergency. I do
believe that they use a disproportionate amount of bandwidth for no real
advantage. Email at less than 2400 baud is not cutting edge technology.
In a real national emergency SSB and CW which depend on the operator's
ear and not external devices are the only dependable modes.