--- In digitalradio@yahoogroups.com, Rick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I don't know of any PSKmail use in the U.S. There have been no comments
> on this group of success with this mode here although I think there may
> be at least one server? In order for it to gain any traction it would
> have to run natively on Windows. Even then there is no guarantee of
> success, but I know that I would be very interested if someone did open
> it up for cross platform use.
>
> 73,
>
> Rick, KV9U

Hi Rick,

For PSKmail information you can check
http://www.freelists.org/archives/pskmail/ and perhaps it is a good
idea if you also register there so you can follow the guys that are
involved with it. Per PA0R has done a marvelous job with it and he
uses FLDIGI as a modem, but you probably know all this. Per's code is
open and anyone can implement it in any operating system, although he
has a zip file and you can run PSKmail even in Windows with a Linux
emulator, so you do not need to have a dual boot system. You just boot
in your Windows OS and then run his Linux emulator as a Windows
program where you can run PSKmail. Up to now they use PSK-250 and
there are already a few experimental American servers online.

This is a freeware soundcard program and I think it has the potential
of reaching PACTOR-2 in a few years according to the pace they are
going. Don't forget that really it is a one man's job and he gets
nothing out of it, so it is marvelous what he has done, and more
marvelous that he allows anyone to touch his code. Per PA0R is
probably more interested in seen PSKmail progressing than his own
personal glory. He is a true Radio Ham. This is unlike other code
writers who although they allow everyone to use their program, they
keep their code to themselves. Of course it is everyone's right to
protect their code and I do not blame anyone here, I am just stating a
fact.

73 de Demetre SV1UY