FRom Multipsk.

--Creation: in 2007

Description :
Baud rate       : 250
Speed   : 296 wpm in capital letters and 408 wpm in small letters (average)
Bandwidth       : about 500 Hz,
Drift tolerance         : 120 Hz/min in BPSK250 and 40 Hz/min in QPSK250
(depending on level)
Lowest S/N      : -2 dB

The "secondary channel" specific to Multipsk
There are two sets of characters among 256 ASCII and ANSI characters:

* a first set of 193 characters (the primary  table) is used for the
current exchanges,
* a second set of 62 characters (the secondary table") is used to send
automatically, in a continue and repetitive way, the following pieces
of information "Call", "Name", "Locator", QTH during which nothing is
sent, the QSO being in progress. It is a sort of  "intelligent
idling". These characters are displayed in a little window.

The idling character, if nothing can be sent, is the character CHR(0).

This secondary channel is interesting because the flow of characters
in these modes is very superior to the typing speed. It will permit to
Hams listening to rapidly have essential information between typed
characters.
See the document "Characters to manage for secondary text on DominoEX
FEC, PSK63 and PSK125.doc" on my WEB site ("Specifications") for details.

Note: for the remainder, except the secondary channel, the
characteristics are identical to the ones of BPSK31/QPSK31 modes.- In
digitalradio@yahoogroups.com, Ed <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>      I am trying to find more information on PSK250 but there seems
to be a
> considerable lack of information when I do a Google search.  I'd
like to
> know some of its specifications and what the effective "baud" rate
is with
> a good HF signal when that mode is implemented.
>
>      Can anyone point me to a good source of info on PSK 250?
>

>      Ed     K7AAT
>

> Dial Broadband has arrived Nationwide! Up to 5 times faster than
traditional dialup connections from $13.33/month! See the demo for
yourself at <a href="http://www.BigValley.net";>www.BigValley.net</a>