--- In digitalradio@yahoogroups.com, "Jose A. Amador" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I have attempted to ignore what matters only to those under the FCC
> jurisdiction. Seems that this anti-Winlink regurgitation is an
> unavoidable evil...
>
> Going to the facts: Kantronics did not implement memory ARQ for Pactor
> in their early KAM's. So, they were inferior to the real stuff, the SCS
> Z-80 Pactor Controller.
>
> PacComm sold a Pactor controller, but they had marginal profits in
> general, as they did not offsource the production of their units, as
AEA
> did.
>
> Jose, CO2JA

Hi Jose,

Happy New Year to you and your family.

As for the early KAMs you are right, but after a while they brought
out new firmware and they fixed the problem. I have an early KAM with
a special addon PCB so that it can take PACTOR 1 modeand I followed
all the firmware upgrades up to 8.1 I think. It is now in the basement
somewhere so it is not handy for me to check. But as I said before it
was always a lousy PACTOR controller (probably it had a bad modem
design because even in HF packet it performed badly.

So in the end I had to buy an SCS Controller because as you know it is
superior in PACTOR and in PACKET RADIO.

73 de Demetre SV1UY

P.S. What happened with this petition that was attempting to bring
digital modes into the 19th century? Does anyone knows