Those who have considered implementing Pactor 2 and/or 3 report two
challenges:

1.       The documentation provided is insufficient

2.       The turnaround time requirements demand an operating system with
real-time scheduling capabilities that Windows does not provide

#1 might be overcome by an intense reverse engineering effort, but #2
reduces the total available market to a point where #1 is moot: either the
application must be written to run natively on Linux or some other realtime
OS (small user base), or the application must run on a dedicated processor
in a relatively expensive outboard box (small user base).

Most people smart enough to write good software are smart enough to not be
motivated by a dare alone.

    73,

         Dave, AA6YQ