--- In digitalradio@yahoogroups.com, "k4cjx" <k4...@...> wrote:

> Amazing that one thinks that 1 percent can cause any type of difference,
> anywhere, especially on the Phone bands. Regulation by bandwidth and not by
> mode seems to be working everywhere that it is allowed.  under a bandwidth
> regulatory environment, there is no "phone band."
>
> BTW, it wasn't "winlink" that wanted anything, it was the ARRL who wrote the
> proposal. There were flaws in it, but it was headed in the proper direction.
> it will return as we move toward a digital future.
>

> Steve, k4cjx, aaa9ac

So you think "1%" transmitting on your frequency without listening
systematically would be ok? Actually it was "winlink" advocates that pressed
for the rightfully doomed proposal. And I think I remember a certain person
advocating sending boilerplate comments to the FCC in support of this. To the
original post, ROS seems overly wide for any perceived advantages it "offers";
unless you have information to the contrary.

73,

Bill N9DSJ