>For some reason, the timer isn’t delaying the initial load anymore… I’m back
>to having a long delay while it loads and then the form is displayed with a
>large data file.. but I see the timer is still there.  I increased the amount
>of time on the timer, but it still loads before the screen is displayed.

I tracked it down and fixed it…  It was loading when the file name changed, and
I guess the ini file changed the file name, so it loaded… before the screen was
up.. so I fixed it by only loading if the timer was disabled:

procedure TfFileVirtualTree.eFileNameChange(Sender: TObject);
begin
     If Not(tFirst.Enabled) Then
        Load_from_File;
end;

James

>>Any ideas how to save and restore the column widths for VirtualStrinTrees in
>>the ini file?
       >      Done with the events and methods of TIniPropStorage.

Thanks, I see how that works now.
I see you cleaned it all up and made pull down menus.