Thanks for the explanation... phew, what a lot of stuff... no wonder I like my
console programs so much 😃  For critical timing applications I have a lot more
control of exactly when things happen... but this project is helping me
appreciate the benefits of a GUI application. I just need to learn how to think
differently (non sequentially) for the most part doing things on events makes
sense to me, it's just when I run into wanting to do something at a certain
time that I get confused.

                >I have moved the LoadFromFile to a Timer event just fired on
creation of the Form with 10ms. When the message of the timer arrives,
                > usually all the loading an painting is already done, their
messages have been posted before in the message queue.
The timer is working GREAT, I thought a timer would work, I just didn't know
how to implement it.

                >> I'm not getting the page break in word either.
                >May be the template is not up to date ? I think that after
type
                >Ctrl+Enter in the template Libre Office adds a parameter for
allowing
                >soft page breaks.

Maybe I'll install open office and see if it's just a word for windows issue.

James