Wow.  That's sobering.  I'd like to think we don't have it that bad on WMF
sites, but maybe we do?

Then there's this:

"Technical solutions abound when websites and apps provide options that take
targeted users into consideration -- namely, giving us back our ability to
make boundaries. For instance, sites shouldn't let strangers message
strangers, and all sites and apps should allow users to block others. When
Quora tells people to pick interests or topics they want, it should also
tell them to pick interests or topics they don't want."

Unfortunately, I don't see any way that a wiki can work with the ability to
block "strangers" from messaging each other, or allowing individual
person-to-person blocks.  Works great for message boards; doesn't work on a
wiki.  Does it?

                        Powers  &8^]