On 6/23/2014 11:26 AM, Risker wrote:
The focus on technology here is very important. Right now, there is no way for Wikimedians to control from whom they receive "email this user" emails, or pings through the notification system. We know that both have been, and continue to be, vectors for harassment and trolling. There's never, to my knowledge, been any consideration given to including these features. We keep being told we're going to get this wonderful new communication system called "Flow" to replace talk pages. Features that allow users to control who posts to their "page", or even to let non-admin users remove individual threads or posts from their "stream", aren't included - and I'm not sure they're even under consideration.
Sorry not to mention technological issues like you mention above. Mostly my own lack of knowledge. And they do sound helpful. It's annoying when you have to go to WP:ANI to get someone to stop posting their rants to your talk page despite 2 or 3 requests! (Guys do have to put up with it too, sometimes, of course.)