>Your plan to allow monthly archives on mail-archive sounds really
>good.

The sorting engine already knows how to separate different lists from
each other; Paul's refinement was to narrow the definition of a list to
limit it to a one month timespan -- so to the sorting engine each
month is handled independently. The code changes were small, clever,
and integrate quite smoothly with the existing code. Best of all, the
sort engine doesn't have to save any extra state information between
runs.

>Have you considered also allowing a way to change archives
>when an archive accumulates a certain number of messages?

It does not appear to be an obvious extension (to me).

Jeff