First, sorry for all the folks who are planning to unsubscribe to
gossip due to the increase of traffic. My guess is things will die
down again within a week or three.

--------------------

Paul, see how attachments end up in subdirectories, for example
http:[EMAIL PROTECTED]/msg00459.html
The default rcfile puts attachments in a subdirectory, with a .dir
extension. You are probably overriding the MIMEArgs directive, or
perhaps .html attachments are treated differently.

<MIMEArgs override>
text/plain; maxwidth=87
m2h_external::filter; usename useicon subdir
iconurl="../attachment.gif"
</MIMEArgs>

So -- sorry for the earlier email typo regarding digger. The solution
is going to be the following, and we can patch up your rcfile
to use subdirectories (if needed) a bit later.

   echo "limit_urls_to:$TARGET/$MAILLIST/"          >> $CFG
   echo "exclude_urls: .mhonarc.db .htaccess .dir"  >> $CFG

>Attached is b1), then.  I've added some sanity checking for the date
>field so it should be pretty robust.

Good, because utterly corrupt date fields are starting to litter
my error logs with complaints from 'date'. And it's not obvious that
mailme will do the right thing when 'date' fails. (Guess that's
why it's considered an experimental feature!)

>I won't hack bounce.pl for fear of doing wrong, but yes I'm pretty
>sure I agree now that it should set x-archive-with-date from the
>original Recieved: fields if possible.

It would also have to be intelligent enough to make sure its output
is reasonable and machine readable, even if the input is less than
clear. Additionally, it would need to work in such a way that if it
was run twice over the same message, it would not mess up. (i.e.
just preserve the x-arcive-with-date if it is already there)

Jeff