On Mon, 7 Oct 2019, Ole Troan wrote:

The deployment challenge of that is that every router must support HNCP and must support SADR.

Yes, there is indeed a problem here with incremental deployment.

That's why I think there might be upside in "homenet lite" which drops the arbitrary topology requirement and keeps the "routed home" requirement, but also brings with it the service discovery part. Perhaps it's an easier chunk of code to deploy if vendors do not need to implement full homenet but instead implement RFC7084 plus a few other things?

High level would be to use DHCPv6-PD, turning sub-router WAN firewall off and enabling service discovery proxies, as I outlined in previous email.

--
Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swm...@swm.pp.se