Mark Smith <markzzzsm...@gmail.com> wrote:
    > Perhaps ANIMA is an alternative? It has seemed to me that home networks
    > might be just a more specific case of autonomic networks.

    > For example, they've been defining a Generic Autonomic Signalling
    > Protocol (GRASP).

GRASP has some overlap with HNCP, but HNCP isn't really the issue.
Homenet has a routing protocol (BABEL).  It was going to be OSPFv3, and we'd
add the information flooding that HNCP wound up doing into OSPFv3, but that
"didn't work" and the WG (mysteriously) abandonned that idea.

ANIMA's GRASP is also not a routing protocol: ANIMA builds an overlap control
layer with IP over IPsec over IPv6LL tunnels, and runs RPL (RFC6550) as
the routing protocol for the control plane.  While the resulting ACP shares
some properties with the desired HOMENET routing goals, it's not the same
thing at all.

]     m...@sandelman.ca  http://www.sandelman.ca/        |   ruby on rails    [