On Thu, 2007-02-01 at 02:03 +0200, Michael Vasiliev wrote:
> > Quoting Jonathan Ben Avraham, from the post of Tue, 30 Jan:
> > > Hi RP,
> > > What reason do you have to believe that your identity is worth stealing?

> So, a man decides to call himself Random Penguin, rather than, say, Daniel
> Johnson [...] Call me whatever you want, but I
> believe that sometimes these virtuals allow a person to express her/him-self
> better than under the real name. There are topics some people would like to
> discuss while staying incognito. Now, his decision that Linux in Israel is
> one of these topics is none of my business.

I agree completely and I don't think that Daniel Johnson (or whatever)
must identify himself legally to us when discussing Linux in Israel or
any other topic. But I also think that when one conducts political
activity - such as organizing a petition - it looks very suspicious if
one does not identify oneself using a real name. I personally am very
loath to subscribe to political activities organized by anonymous
people.

--
Oded
::..