Hi,

I didn't understand, you're planning to buy a Mac book or Mac book
pro? or Dell/Lenovo/HP/Acer/Asus etc.. laptop?

Parallels or VMWare Fusion (both for Mac) use the virtualized
extensions of the processor (if I recall correctly, all newer macs
have those extension enabled). You should search which VMWare product
suites you, depending on memory configuration you have on your
machine, which version of software etc.

For example: VMWare workstation 5 is WAY faster compared to VMWare 6.
OTOH VMWare 6 supports USB 2.0, 4GB RAM, more NICs (if I recall
correctly) and can be accessed natively with any VNC client, so you
can run VMWare 6 on the background and occasionly launch VNC client to
access it.

VMWare server is free (as a beer) virtualized software. It's pretty
stable (I have 1 right now running at my house for the last 50 days),
but I don't think it supports the VT extentions of your new processor.

Thanks,
Hetz