Note that (some? most new ones?) of these laptops come with "Home"
versions of windows Vista on a "recovery partition".
This is bundled (cannot be bought without), and cannot be upgraded to
a different license.

By EULA, *you are not allowed* to use this (or any other "Home")
version with virtualization technology, so you will have to buy
"Ultimate", "Enterprise" or the likes seperately (and that's a
considerable addition to the price tag).

BTW, how does Vista work virtualized? Do you run it without the 3d
effects, or is there some way to virtualize 3d acceleration?

      Amit