On 08/07/07, Eran Sandler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Of course I would rather have a laptop running Ubuntu or some other Linux
variant and have a virtualization software such as VmWare (or something else
that is really fast) running instead of using Mac, but I would do anything
in my power to avoid running a Windows laptop (and since its new it will
probably have Vista which is even worse).

Just a tidbit about this point - Dell still offers Windows XP as an option.

As for the rest - does anyone know how usable is KVM or other virtualization
solutions on Intel Core 2 Duo in relation to running Windows (XP) under
Linux?  VMware gives good value for money in terms of user interface and
ease of use but is not the absolute sole player in the area, is it?

--Amos