Anton Amirian said on Wed, 18 May 2022 20:56:25 +0300

>Honestly I'm kinda shocked that some people are more mad at him for not
>liking israeli treatment of palestinians than the whole pedophilia
>thing
>
>what the hell, assess your values
>
>jeez

I'll give you six million reasons why I'm more pissed at his moves to
hurt the one country I can go to if the nazis take over America. How
would you feel about his moves against Israel if you were currently a
Ukrainian Jew and needed a safe place for your wife and children?

And by the way, as far as I know his "pedophilia thing" was saying the
pedophile "wasn't all bad".

And I'll say the same thing about RMS, he's not all bad. I'm eternally
grateful to him for the GPL and the GNU utilities, and at the same time
I think he has no right to expect help from Israelis, given the
situation.

And I think this is anything but offtopic given that somebody on an
Israeli LUG list asked for help for a known Israel boycotter.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Israel/comments/hmrre/richard_stallman_cancels_his_speeches_at_israeli/

By the way, Stallman says he's against BDS, but he's for some kind of
boycott on things made in, as he phrases it, "Israel's colonies in
Palestinian Territories".

https://stallman.org/archives/2021-jul-oct.html

SteveT

Steve Litt
Spring 2022 featured book: Making Mental Models: Advanced Edition
http://www.troubleshooters.com/mmm