On Sun, Jun 12, 2022 at 04:24:27PM +0300, Gabor Szabo wrote:
> Hi Dan,
>

> On Tue, Jun 7, 2022 at 11:18 PM Dan Kenigsberg <dan...@cs.technion.ac.il>
> wrote:
>
> > On Wed, Jun 01, 2022 at 06:47:41AM +0300, Gabor Szabo wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I've been working on an online Ladino (Judeo-Espanyol) dictionary
> > > https://diksionaryo.szabgab.com/ The code is open source the content is
> > > CC BY-SA 4.0  https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/
> > > All linked from the About page.
> > > Along with the creation of the translation I also have a (growing) list
> > of
> > > ladino words.
> > >
> > > I would like to make this available as a spell checker in various Open
> > > Source tools.
> > > E.g. Firefox, Chromium, LibreOffice etc.
> > > I wrote about it a few weeks ago
> > > https://szabgab.com/add-spellchecker-to-various-applications.html but I
> > am
> > > still unclear what and how to do.
> > >
> > > I started to generate a pair of files that resemble the format of hspell,
> > > but I don't know how to really test them and in any case they don't seem
> > > work well.
> > > I also don't know how to distribute what I already have and how to make
> > it
> > > included in those projects.
> > >
> > > Anyone here has experience with spell-checkers?
> > > Could anyone help me in the project or at least point me in the right
> > > direction?
> >
> > Well, if I were you, I'd start by creating a github repository with your
> > code and a tagged version of your artifacts, these .aff and .dic files
> > used by hunspell.
> >

> It is being generated now on every push:
> https://github.com/szabgab/ladino-diksionaryo-generated/

Thanks for the URL. But where are the artifacts? They probably hide in
plain sight... Can you provide a URL to the .aff/.dic files?

> I can put on some tags if you think they are important for some reason, but
> I don't have specific release points.
> Every change in the dictionary triggers the re-build of the whole web site
> and the two files as well.
>

> > This would let anyone with high-enough motivation the ability to test it
> > on their own machine (I may volunteer).
> >

> I'd really like to know how do you (or some else) test it.

`hunspell -D` shows where you can drop the files; then `hunspell -d
language` would lets me spell-check a text, say a random page from
https://lad.wikipedia.org.

Regards,
Dan.