Gabor Szabo said on Wed, 1 Jun 2022 06:47:41 +0300

>Hi,
>
>I've been working on an online Ladino (Judeo-Espanyol) dictionary
>https://diksionaryo.szabgab.com/ The code is open source the content is
>CC BY-SA 4.0  https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/
>All linked from the About page.
>Along with the creation of the translation I also have a (growing)
>list of ladino words.
>
>I would like to make this available as a spell checker in various Open
>Source tools.
>E.g. Firefox, Chromium, LibreOffice etc.
>I wrote about it a few weeks ago
>https://szabgab.com/add-spellchecker-to-various-applications.html but
>I am still unclear what and how to do.
>
>I started to generate a pair of files that resemble the format of
>hspell, but I don't know how to really test them and in any case they
>don't seem to work well.
>I also don't know how to distribute what I already have and how to
>make it included in those projects.
>
>Anyone here has experience with spell-checkers?
>Could anyone help me in the project or at least point me in the right
>direction?

I'm building a standalone spellchecker for well-formed XML HTML5
right now. Maybe we can correspond. I don't know how to make a
soundsalike algorithm.

Thanks,

SteveT

Steve Litt
March 2022 featured book: Making Mental Models: Advanced Edition
http://www.troubleshooters.com/mmm